1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Eh, bills are a part of life. But you know what I really hate paying for? TAMPONS. HALF THE POPULATION NEEDS THEM AND THEY ARE FRAKKING EXPENSIVE. Personally, I think that the government should give them out for free.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Oh God, this makes me sound completely lame, but I don't know that I've EVER had a "romantic" dinner. I've dated off and on, but it was always pretty casual and never really got to the fancy dinner stage.
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Moving my stuff into a new condo and decorating it however I please. I've been buying art off Etsy for YEARS, just waiting to have a place where I can hang it! The day Domino folded was seriously so sad for me, I loved going through the magazine and tearing things out and planning my future decor.
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Three. Marquette for my undergrad, St. Clare's in Oxford, England when I studied abroad, and I'm now in grad school at DePaul University.
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It's a work shirt. I'm at work. Boo.
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
You know, I don't really pay attention - I live in Chicago and work about a mile from my apartment, so I only have to fill up my tank once every few weeks or so.
7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
GODDAMN I HATE WORKING ON SUNDAYS. You'd think I'd be used to it after almost six years, but I'm still bitter and resentful.
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
STOP THINKING. YOU HAVE TO GO TO SLEEP. I guess it worked.
9. Do you miss being a child?
I miss not having so much responsibility. I mean, taxes? Rent? Job stress? I could do without those, thanks.
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
Scrubbing the shower walls. You do not want to see my tile grout.
11. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in. I'm a total night owl, I used to hold my friends to a no-calls-before-noon policy.
12. Have you found real love yet?
Nope. (And now I have "Real Love" by Mary J. Blige stuck in my head. Thanks.)
13. Favorite lunch meat?
The nice boys at Jimmy John's could answer this for me...roast beef.
14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Wal-Mart is like the trailer park of stores. I find it completely depressing and/or terrifying and I refuse to go there.
15. Beach or lake?
I like beaches for laying out and lakes for swimming.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
You know, I think it's a great institution, but I worry that a lot of people today lack the communication skills or morals or courage or SOMETHING to really make it work. Too many couples don't really take it seriously enough, I think. In theory, though, I'm all for it.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Neither. I watched the first couple seasons of DH and then gave up in disgust.
18.What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
You know, I'm going to go the non-fandom route here and say Michelle Obama. I'm not even that big into polictics, but I like the cut of her jib. She seems like a sassy lady and I think we'd get along.
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
I gently rear-ended someone the DAY after I got my license. No mishaps since then, except getting rear-ended a couple times myself.
20. Ever use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No, which is good because I'd probably accidentally spray myself in the face with it or something.
21. Ring tone?
"Riga Girls" by the Weepies. ("Why don't you call me...") I go back and forth between that one and "Bachelorette" by Tori Amos.
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
On a train, in the grossest bathroom ever, while travelling between Venice and Barcelona.
23. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
I'd love to see the redwoods. I read this true story when I was young about this Redwoods Park ranger lady who rescued an orphaned raccoon and raised it in her cabin in the park. IDK, it made an impression on me. And I love freakishly large things, so those trees would be a thrill.
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Hmm. A new relationship would be sorta nice, since I don't have one at the moment, but honestly, I'd probably rather have a new career. The one I have now is okay, but I really need to be doing something different.
25. How old are you?
Let's just say that the big three-oh is looming on the horizon.
26. Do you have a go to person?
My dad. The man knows everything. Need to install a light fixture? Check. Wondering who had the number one song of 1968? Check. Want to know the best Australian shiraz? Just let him consult his wine journal. My dad, I love him.
27. Are you where you want to be in life?
I'm in the process of buying a condo, so that's a step forward. Grad school is helping me work toward a new career. I love my friends and family. Yup, I'm doing alright.
28. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
Thundercats, Smurfs, He-Man, She-Ra, Jem, Muppet Babies, Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Inspector Gadget...there are more, but I'm ashamed to list them all.
29. What about you do you think has changed the most?
Just the other day, my mom said to me, "You didn't turn out at all how I thought you would." I was a crazy kid when I was young - loud, crazy, courageous, curious. I'm a lot more cautious and high-strung as an adult.
30. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
No. I actually had a lot of fun in high school - I had great friends and we had some wacky adventures - but I wouldn't say they were the "best" years.
31. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
All the time. I get excited over the weirdest things. And I still sleep with my childhood teddy bear (ILU CHRISTOPHER).
32. Did you ever own troll dolls?
You guys, I *shoplifted* one of those mini troll dolls from a Claire's when I was, like, twelve. But I couldn't stand the Troll of Shame's beady eyes staring accusingly at me all the time so I threw it away.
33. Did you have a pager?
No, my parents kept me on a short enough leash that there was really no need.
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
We hung out at Perkins, drinking coffee and smoking until they closed at 2am. I know, I know, I was such a rebel.
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
I think so. I was actually the kid who was, more often than not, led astray by the "bad" kids. A lot of my friends' parents loved me because they thought I was a good influence on their kid.